Once you've purchased your favourite candle, it's important to know how to take care of it! There's just a few things to note to ensure you're getting the most out of your candles. We've summed up all the important tips.
- Before you start, ensure you look at the safety warnings and instructions on the packaging. This is generally located at the bottom of the box and candle.
- Try to use your candles for at least 1 hour ... this will prevent the candle from burning unevenly and tunneling straight down.
- Keep your wicks trimmed, generally we try to keep the wicks at 7mm before burning. Push them upright before burning!
- As a general rule, try to not burn bigger candles for more than 3 hours or smaller candles for 2 hours.
- Burning candle away from any drafts or wind ... so no air conditioning, fans or open windows.
- Don't use the lid to snuff out the candle, simply blow gently to extinguish.
- Stop using the candle when there's 10mm of wax left. You don't have to let it go to waste ... simply freeze, remove and add to the top of a new candle!